We’re seeking a full-time Sales and Business Development Manager to join our team. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of five years working for ad agencies, design shops, production companies, or other creative industries. You must be passionate about discovering and solving client problems and have a fearless approach to new business.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Generating and maintaining new accounts with major corporations and brands.
- Managing all aspects of sales cycles (lead generation, lead qualification, account entry strategy, client needs analysis, etc.)
- Creating monthly new business activity reports and sales forecasts.
- High-level selling with a consultative sales approach.
- Working with our Marketing Director to improve and expand our sales and marketing strategies.
- Networking (industry events, client outings, etc.)
- Leading and collaborating on client pitches.
Required Skills and Experience:
- You should represent and reinforce Myriad’s unique culture in a positive way. You are fun-loving, hard-working, intellectual, kind, collaborative, and caring. You possess a strong desire to make a difference beyond “the work” and revenue generation. You demonstrate empathy, sincerity, persistence, and creativity.
- You have the ability to communicate, influence, connect, and build trust with a wide range of people.
- You have excellent presentation skills.
- You have an existing, vibrant network that you’ve built over your career.
- You have experience managing all levels of the sales process.
- You are results-driven and have a high closure rate. You have a proven ability to set and meet ambitious sales and revenue targets.
- Good taste is required, but design experience is a plus. You have an interest in the artistic and creative fields.
- You should be comfortable working in a small, boutique-style atmosphere, but have an expansive worldview and a desire to grow in a sustainable, strategic manner.
- Knowledge of, and participation in, social media is not required, but highly preferred.
- The position is mainly inside sales, but some travel will be required.
Myriad Media is an integrated production company headquartered in Raleigh, NC. We specialize in digital video content (live action and motion graphics) for brands and agencies that we share values with. We’re folks with super ordinary haircuts and a love for producing smart, surprising videos. We’re down-to-earth people who put good work above being flashy. We hire co-workers who will make us better, and we are excited to learn why that might be you.
To learn more about our work and culture, please check out the following:
If you are interested in applying for this position:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Your resume (attach as .pdf)
- Answers to the application questionnaire below (attach as .pdf)
- Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, please tell us about yourself and include any links that might help us get to know you.
- Below is our application questionnaire:
- Why are you a good fit for this position? Why are you a good fit for Myriad?
- Please list some notable accounts you have won. Which account are you most proud of landing? How did you win and continue to grow the account?
- What is the best work-related compliment you’ve ever received?
- Who is someone you have worked with that you admire or respect? Why?
- What is your personal sales and business development philosophy? Why has it made your career successful?
- Please follow the formatting instructions below
- Email subject line: 2015 Sales Manager Application – FirstName LastName
- Resume file name: 2015 Sales Manager Resume – FirstName LastName
- Application questionnaire file name: 2015 Sales Manager Questionnaire – FirstName LastName
- Your resume and questionnaire must be .pdf files.
Phone calls and drop-ins for this position will not be accepted.
Thank you for considering Myriad Media. We are eager to hear from you!
Myriad Media is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment consistent with specific city and state legal, criminal, and background check requirements.